Wednesday, October 7, 2009


Today I made a realization. I have a routine, a pattern, a habit...but I didn't realize it until today.


I'm in the knitting shop purchasing a hank of Halloween colored yarn. The owner of the shop has to wind the hank into a ball in order for me to successfully use it without tons of tangles. She set the ball down and it nearly took my breath away....don't laugh! It was the color all wound together neat and tidy. I fell in love. I don't think I can knit it...it's perfect just the way it is.


Now here's the part when I make my realization. Each day on my "lunch" break I stroll through the magazine aisle at the grocery store, stop by the scrapbook store, cruise scrapbook galleries on the internet and today I found myself at the knitting shop. What do all these things have in common? COLOR! I "feast" on color for "lunch"! I love color especially this time of year. Fall offers the very best and richest colors. Color makes me happy and it evidently is a necessity during my day to make it a little bit brighter and happier.


What makes you happy?

No comments: